Sunday, March 14, 2010

A New Recipe

We decided it was time we start using our wheat that we got for food storage. So we broke out the grinder and we ground up a bunch of wheat. (well, not a bunch, just some) We started off by making bread, and it was YUMMY! It was so good that my Mother-in-Law has asked me to make their bread and is paying me to do it. So that's a plus.

It's been a lot of fun trying new things and using our wheat and grinding it. More fun than I thought it would be. I was blog hopping and I found this really FUN blog called Kara's Kitchen Creations and its full of yummy and wonderful recipes. We found this recipe for whole wheat cookies and thought we would give it a try. They were DELICIOUS and the kids couldn't even tell they were wheat. (I couldn't either) So here it is and if you get a chance, check out Kara's Kitchen Creations!



Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups freshly ground white wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups oats (I used quick oats)
2 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients, oats, and chocolate chips. Mix well. Drop by rounded spoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.

No comments: